If you are having difficulties paying for housing, you should contact your landlord, housing association or mortgage company.

If you are struggling to pay your council tax, get in touch with your local council; if you are on a low income you may be eligible for a grant towards the cost. Your local council can also help if you are at risk of eviction or homelessness.

You can find information on their website:

Winter Warmth Fund

If you are aged 60 and over and struggling with the cost of heating your home you may be eligible for a grant of up to £250. To apply, please contact:

  • Age UK Barrow 01229 831425 ‎
  • Age UK Carlisle and Eden 01228 536673
  • Copeland Age and Advice Service 01946 552166
  • Age UK West Cumbria (Allerdale) 01229 779711
  • Age UK South Lakeland 01539 728118

More information about support for keeping your home warm is available from Cumbria Community Foundation.